Last night I slept under a folding table in a church basement and got a free shower. The night before, I slept under a tarp tied up to a chain link fence in the back yard of a bar, and I got a free breakfast. It rained and poured through the night, but the tarp didn't leak. Then it rained and poured through the day, too, so I got soaked anyway. Still no complaints! Nothing improves the experience of sleeping on a basement floor quite like hiking through 15 miles of thunderstorms and sharp rocks to get there!
Four days ago, I stayed in the basement of Borough Hall in Palmerton, PA. It's free for hikers, and there are showers. It's called "The Jailhouse Hostel." I've only actually slept in the woods one night in the last week, but that's also partly because I didn't sleep one of the nights, but hiked through the night til dawn with Quinoa.
It's a beautiful day today, with no rain in the forecast until Thursday. I'll get my 8th state and 1300 miles today. Less than two weeks left of hiking for me, but I am planning to make them count!
Chicory, one of my favorite summer flowers.
The rock scramble out of Palmerton, PA
Raspberries!!!!!
Happy Quinoa!
Nice sunset
Behind the Beer Stein bar in Wind Gap, PA, under tarps in the pouring rain.
The Beer Stein
Church of the Mountain basement
Amazing!!!!














No comments:
Post a Comment